Evernote Trunk Listings
The collection of app recommendations for our users.
Best Practices for App Developers Read the guide here »
The primary way that Evernote users find third party apps is the Evernote Trunk. The Trunk is a showcase of things that work with Evernote - think of it as the Evernote app store. This page describes how to submit your app for inclusion in the Trunk.
Before we add an app to the Trunk, we review it to ensure that functions correctly and complies with our basic API and trademark use policies. That process takes between one and two weeks and may result in a list of required updates to fit our requirements. Once the app is accepted, we will ask for text and images that will be reviewed by our editorial team before entering the trunk.
Basic evaluation criteria
- Use of Evernote trademarks, including but not limited to the Evernote name and logo, must comply with our trademark guidelines.
- Some simple use cases should be handled and most importantly not crash your application: deletion of notes created by your application, change of Evernote user account during session and no more space avaiable in the user's account.
Applications using the local API
- Handle the case where there is no Evernote client application installed on the user's PC or mobile device.
Applications using the Cloud API
- Make sure that the application follows the OAuth flow by going through all the steps of the protocol and also handle the case in which the user doesn't authorize your application.
- Offer the user the possibility to logout from Evernote by deleting the authentication token and all information related to the account.
Create a ticket to let us know about your app. Please give us a short description, the product's website and way to test the app.